1st December 2018
Time: Throughout the Day in Penrith Town Centre
Entry: !!!FREE PARKING in Bluebell Lane, Sandgate, Town Hall and Mansion House Car Parks!!!
Location: Penrith Town Centre
Categories: Arts, Family, Food, Promotion
Penrith Town Centre will come alive on 1st December when we switch on our beautiful Christmas Lights. Local choirs will help to get you in the festive mood.
Town Centre businesses will be full of ideas to make your Christmas shopping an enjoyable and easy.
The lights will be switched on at 4pm, so be sure to be in the town centre to enjoy this Festive start to Christmas.
Events During the Day
- 10:00am to 10:30am A Festive Performance by Hunter Hall School | The Market Square
- 10:30am to 3:00pm Enjoy festive tunes from Penrith Town Band | The Market Square
- 11.00am—3.00pm Crafternoon with Carlisle Eden Mind at Penrith Library Christmas - Crafts with Helen. This is a drop in session. All materials provided. Refreshments and homemade yummy treats will be available. Suggested donation £5
- 3:00pm to 3:30pm A Performance by Beaconside School | The Market Square
- 3:30pm to 4:00pm The Penrith Town Band will get your in a festive mood and accompany the lights switch on
- 4:00pm Christmas lights across the town will be illuminated
- 4:05pm Join the Lakeland Music Singers with well known Christmas Carols (outside Lakeland Music on Little Dockray)
- Alhambra-Lonsdale Cinema are early evening showing for a family friendly Christmas evening. "Nativity Rocks" (U) at 5:45pm pr 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (12A) at 5:15pm. If you fancy something earlier in the day, try the new cartoon 'The Grinch' at 1:00pm
- EVAN Gallery and Studios will have a late night opening (until 7pm)
- 7:00pm - 11:00pm, live music in The Yard Kitchen, Brunswick Rd. with Swing machine..the 4pc Gypsy Jazz group will be playing sometime between 8-10pm. Drinks and bar snacks served all night, Free Entry!
- 9:00pm to 11:00pm The Inhalers, Live at The George - round off the day with some great live music
Promotions and Offers in Town Include
- Lee Benson Photography Pop Up Shop at Salsa Mexican (1:30pm to 4:00pm) More details on Facebook
- Art by Sterudd Pop Up Shop at Salsa Mexican (1:30pm to 4:00pm) More details on Facebook
- Just Sew A beautiful selection of fabrics to be made up into quilts, filled with festive cheer.
- Penrith Posters Mugs printed on the day £4 | Calendars printed to collect the following week £9 | Don’t forget to bring your images!
- M&Co 25% Off all full price items - Exclusive to loyalty card holders only. (Not a loyalty card member, sign up instore to take advantage of Loyalty events. 5 points for every £1 instore, receive a £5 voucher for every 500 points. Terms and conditions apply, please ask in store.
- Starfruits - A fantastic range of seasonal vegetables and fruit available from Starfruit, Angel Square. Order for Christmas Veg Hamper on Saturday and you'll be able to tick another thing off your list for the big day.
- The Hedgehog Bookshop will help your little ones write their List to Santa, with lots of brilliant new titles for children and will make sure they have the books ready for him to collect on Christmas Eve. Maybe you add a the latest bestsellers to your list too?
Other shops taking part include:
Sassy Nix | EVAN Gallery| Arragon Cycles | Town Hall Treasures | Finesse Jewellery | Spectrum Aesthetics UK | Mr Simms Sweet Shoppe | Lakeland Music | Clarkes Fusion | Beckside Books | Starfruit | Vaseys | Arnistons | Strolling 4 Shoes | Finesse Bridal | Twinkletoes | Boots Opticians
Pop in and say hello to find out details of their offers, or Like Discover Penrith Facebook page for all the promotions and deals.
Festive Winter Warmers - treat yourself at one of our cafes, bars or restaurants
- The Lounge, King Street - Special Brunch Menu - £6.95 before 11:45am
- Four and Twenty, King Street - Festive Lunchtime Menu
- New Squares Cafe - Delicous Spiced Hot Chocolate and a wide range of gluten free cakes
- The Lemon Tree Cafe Bistro, Devonshire Arcade - Experience the amazing flavours of Russian Caravan Tea. The name refers to the 18thC camel caravans that travelled the 'Great Tea Road' to bring tea from China to Europe. During the course of the journey, the tea leaves would be imbued with an additional smoky taste as a result of all the smouldering campfires along the way. Now made from a blend of the finest Oolong and Keemun tea leaves, with Lapsang Souchong providing the delicious smoky finish.
- Wrights Coffee and Ice Cream, Middlegate - Festive Winter Warmers - Black Forest Hot Chocolate | Gingerbread Latte | Black Forest Donut | Mince Pie Donut
- Tattie Tim, near the Clock Tower - Christmas surprise filling for delicious Jacket Spuds
- Dockray Hall, Great Dockray - Turkey ciabatta, mince pie & coffee £10. Eat in or take away coffee/mulled wine or cider with a mince pie
- Three Crowns Tea Shop, Three Crowns Yard - Christmas Fayre throughout the day.
- Buy one, get one free on mulled drinks at Foundry 34, Sandgate
- The Yard Kitchen - sample the delights of our outstanding Cavetii Coffee, roasted locally at Threlkeld and served to you by trained baristas who understand art of the perfect cup of coffee.